Paying a Citation

Ordinance or Traffic Citations

Payment of forfeiture is due by the court date listed on the citation unless the Contesting a Citation guidelines are followed.

What forms of payment are acceptable?

Payments can be made in person at the Onalaska City Treasurer's office located on the 1st floor of the Onalaska City Hall building, by using cash, check, money order, cashiers check or by using a debit/credit card (with photo ID). 

Payments can also be made online by clicking here.

How do I find out the exact amount owed if I lost my citation?

To find out how much you owe, contact the Court Clerk's office at (608) 781-9558 and provide your name and date of birth.  Coulee Region Joint Municipal Court Citations are not listed on CCAP (WI Circuit Court Access).


Payment Plan Agreement

Payment Plan Agreements are available to defendants who appear on their scheduled court date. The Judge must approve the payment agreement.

Failure to Pay

Defendants who fail to pay or appear on the assigned appearance date are in default. The Court deems a non-appearance to be a plea of No Contest and the defendant is found guilty of the charge listed on the citation. The Clerk will mail out a default letter indicating the disposition and gives thirty (30) days to pay the forfeiture. Unpaid citations have serious consequences.