Reopening a Citation


By Wisconsin State Law, a defendant has six (6) months from the date of entry of judgment to file a request to reopen a citation.

To request a citation be reopened, please contact the Municipal Court Clerk to obtain the proper form.  

Pursuant to Wis. Stat. 814.07 the court may require the defendant to pay costs up to $300.00. If the motion is granted, you will be contacted by the Municipal Court Clerk. If the motion is denied, a letter of explanation and Notice of Right to Appeal will be sent. 

If there is a suspension of driver's license, arrest warrant issued for failing to pay the forfeiture or if the debt has been submitted to State Debt Collection/TRIP those penalties will not be cancelled until the case is ordered reopened by the Municipal Judge.